MEN'S TENNIS CLOSES OUT NORTHEAST-10 CONFERENCE PLAY WITH 9-0 LOSS TO ADELPHI
Syracuse, N.Y. – The Le Moyne College men's tennis wrapped up the Northeast-10 Conference portion of its schedule with a 9-0 loss to Adelphi University on Tuesday afternoon at the Skytop Tennis Courts.
In doubles action, Andreas Hammar and Bryan Kallenberg were victorious at the top spot over junior Alessandro Nieves (Baldwinsville, N.Y./C.W. Baker) and sophomore Shane Evans (Oswego, N.Y./Pulaski) by a score of 8-6. At second doubles, Sander Brenner and Boris Tiberkov were 8-2 winners over graduate student Michael Green (Baldwinsville, N.Y./C.W. Baker) and junior Daryl Johnson (Minoa, N.Y./East Syracuse-Minoa), while Alan Chocron and Chiwete Njokanma posted an 8-0 win over freshmen Blaine Drake (Baldwinsville, N.Y./C.W. Baker) and Tyler Shaban (Liverpool, N.Y./C.W. Baker) at the third spot.
In singles action, Hammar and Kallenberg recorded 6-0, 6-1 wins at first and second singles, respectively, over Nieves and Johnson. At the third spot, Brenner posted a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Evans, while Chocron topped Green at fourth singles, 6-1, 6-0. Tiberkov registered a 6-0, 6-0 win at fifth singles over senior Robert Brooks (Rochester, N.Y./Brighton), while Njokanma posted an 8-0 victory over sophomore John Gerstner (East Rochester, N.Y./East Rochester) at sixth singles.
Le Moyne (1-11, 0-9 NE-10) closes out the season on Friday against Queens College at 3:30 p.m. Prior to the match, Brooks and Green will be honored by the Dolphin Athletic Association for their contributions to the program.
Adelphi 9, Le Moyne 0
1. Andreas Hammar/Bryan Kallenberg (ADE) def. Alessandro Nieves/Shane Evans (LEM) 8-6
2. Sander Brenner/Boris Tiberkov (ADE) def. Daryl Johnson/Michael Green (LEM) 8-2
3. Alan Chocron/Chiwete Njokanma (ADE) def. Blaine Drake/Tyler Shaban (LEM) 8-0
1. Hammar (ADE) def. Nieves (LEM) 6-0, 6-1
2. Kallenberg (ADE) def. Johnson (LEM) 6-0, 6-1
3. Brenner (ADE) def. Evans (LEM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Chocron (ADE) def. Green (LEM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Tiberkov (ADE) def. Robert Brooks (LEM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Njokanma (ADE) def. John Gerstner (LEM) 8-0